Re: Tryint to match Solaris-Oracle performance with directio? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From mudfoot@rawbw.com
Subject Re: Tryint to match Solaris-Oracle performance with directio?
Date
List pgsql-performance
I fully agree with Gaetano about testing sync methods.  From testing I've done
on two different Solaris 8 boxes, the O_DSYNC option on Solaris 8 beats fsync
and fdatasync easily.  Test it yourself though.  There's probably some
opportuntiy there for better performance for you.