Re: Looking into the INFORMATION_SCHEMA - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Troels Arvin
Subject Re: Looking into the INFORMATION_SCHEMA
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 08:33 +0000, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> > About the next pgadmin: I hope to catch up with the Danish translation
> > soon.
>
> Fine!

By the way, I spotted an un-localized string in the "Users" part of the
object tree: The "Member of" string in the attributes for a user object
isn't localized.

> > A thought: How about providing access to the INFORMATION_SCHEMA of a
> > database, in addition to other, 'normal' schemas, like 'public'?
>
> You *do* have access to it; just enable system objects.

Works; thanks to you and Dave.

> Though I can't imagine what that should be good for.

I'm writing code which inspects table metadata. The code uses the
INFORMATION_SCHEMA (so it can be re-used on an MSSQL server) which is
quite overwhelming, making a GUI like pgadmin a nice exploration tool.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark