Re: Partition table in 9.0.x? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Partition table in 9.0.x?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM, AJ Weber <aweber@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> \d+ doesn't appear to display any size information.

> It does if you use it without an argument, to display all the tables
> in the search path:

> jjanes=# \d+
>                          List of relations
>  Schema |       Name       | Type  | Owner  |  Size   | Description
> --------+------------------+-------+--------+---------+-------------
>  public | pgbench_accounts | table | jjanes | 128 MB  |
>  public | pgbench_branches | table | jjanes | 40 kB   |
>  public | pgbench_history  | table | jjanes | 0 bytes |
>  public | pgbench_tellers  | table | jjanes | 40 kB   |
> (4 rows)

> It rather annoys me that you actually get less information (no size,
> no owner) when you use \d+ on a named table.  I don't know if there is
> a reason for that feature, or if it was just an oversight.

This is actually an abbreviation for \dtisv+, which is a completely
different command from "\d table".  You can use something like
"\dt+ table-pattern" to get a display of the above form for a subset
of tables.  I agree it ain't too consistent.

            regards, tom lane