Re: [SQL] 2 Aktions in a Rule - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [SQL] 2 Aktions in a Rule
Date
List pgsql-sql
Florian Makesch <F.Makesch@sbe-zeta.de> writes:
> I hope someone can help me. I Want 2 Aktions executeed in a Rule like:
> CREATE RULE auftraege_neu_delete AS ON delete
>     TO auftraege_neu DO
>         (DELETE FROM auftraege_neu_positionen
>         WHERE auftraege_neu_positionen.auftragsnr   = OLD.auftragsnr;
>     DELETE FROM auftraege_neu_zubehoer
>         WHERE auftraege_neu_zubehoer.auftragsnr     = OLD.auftragsnr;);
> but I get a Parser Error:
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ""
> This is in PostgreSQL 6.5.2
> Has anyone the correct syntax?

There's nothing wrong with that syntax AFAICS.  Furthermore, my copy
of Postgres takes it just fine (both 6.5.2 and current sources).

I suspect you compiled with a buggy version of yacc or bison.  Postgres'
grammar is large and complex enough that it tends to expose problems
in vendor-supplied yaccs :-(.  Try getting a recent GNU bison (let's
see ... I have 1.25 installed here, it's probably not the latest)
and rebuilding.
        regards, tom lane