Re: What constitutes a pgsql session? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andrew Kelly
Subject Re: What constitutes a pgsql session?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 03:44, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Taber, Mark wrote:
> > We have a need to create temporary tables (within functions); the
> > documentation states that temporary tables last as long as the pg session.
> > What, precisely, does this mean?  The length of the active connection?
>
> Yes, a session is the client/server db connection.  When you disconnect,
> the session is terminated.

What happens during connection pooling?
Would a temp table be global to everybody on the same connection?
Would the table remain after "my" disconnect, when others are still
connected via the shared session "I" was just using?

Andy