Re: Best way to recover from crash? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wampler
Subject Re: Best way to recover from crash?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 10:59, Tom Lane wrote:

> I think you'd be foolish not to initdb and reload from the backups.
> You have no way to know how extensive the data damage is ... you might
> work around the problems you see now, only to find something else
> later after you've put more data into the corrupted DB.

Thanks, Tom.  I did that and what you say makes sense.  I was
just overly worried about the down time since the backup database
dump was well over 4GB and looking for a quick fix.  On the
other hand, a 1-hour downtime (what it took) isn't so bad,
and knowing things are solid is worth more than that!

Thanks again,
Steve
--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@noao.edu