installation of postgis with red hat 9 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Marie-Lise VAUTIER
Subject installation of postgis with red hat 9
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello,

Has anyone installed postgis successfully on red hat 9? Red hat comes with a
version of postgresql (7.3.2) already installed, and when I do "make" for
postgis, I get a message saying

[root@localhost postgis-0.8.1]# make
Makefile:38: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
Makefile:145: /src/Makefile.shlib: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/src/Makefile.shlib'.  Stop.

I have followed the installation process described on Postgis website. Is is
possible to install postgis with this installation of postgresql, or do I need
to install it from postgresql website to have a proper source tree?

Thank you for your answer, Marie-Lise.