Re: patch for allowing multiple -t options to pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: patch for allowing multiple -t options to pg_dump
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 19:00, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> [ PGP not available, raw data follows ]
> >
> > Hi, I've prepared a patch(against CVS HEAD of today) to pg_dump.c to
> > make pg_dump understand multiple -t options for dumping multiple tables
> > in one command.
> > Eks:
> > pg_dump -t table1 -t table2 -t table3 <dbname>
> >
> > The patch is here:
> > http://home.officenet.no/~andreak/pg_dump.patch
> >
> > Any comments, flames?
> >
> > Is it too late for it to make it into 7.5? I submitted a patch against
> > 7.4 a while ago, but was then told it had to wait until 7.5, and, well,
> > now it's 7.5-time:-)
>
> Uh, I see your patch posted on July 6.  Is that the one?  We started a
> feature freeze on July 1.

Is this a feature or a bug fix?  I'd say it's more of a bug fix, since
multiple -t switches seems like an obvious thing to support.  Now, if we
were adding wild card matching that would seem like an enhancement.  I
can't imagine this patch is more than a dozen lines or so.  And I can't
imagine it impacting anything else going on right now.