Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mike g
Subject Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly
List pgsql-general
Ok,

Other suggestions:
1) Have you done a Vaccum full on the table?  That should reduce the
table size and resources required.

2) Use psql to dump the table instead of pg_dump.  In psql do a  COPY
affected table TO /file name.  That will output the table results in a
tab delimited text file which could then be reimported later using COPY
affected table from /that file name.

COPY BINARY affected table to /File name could be considered as well.

3) create a few smaller tables with the same data definitions.  Insert
specific sections of the table into each smaller table via Insert into
one_smaller_table
Select * from affected_table where date between X and Y

HTH