Re: pg_autovacuum integration attempt #2 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: pg_autovacuum integration attempt #2
Date
Re: pg_autovacuum integration attempt #2  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
FYI, I am out of town from Friday 7/2 till Monday evening 7/5.  I
probably won't have email while I'm gone.  I will continue working on
this when I get back.

Also, I have made a few minor tweaks since submitting this patch namely
changing autovac_enabled to default to false.  I am also trying to use a
GUC assign hook function to require pgstat_collect_tuplelevel = true
when autovac_enabled = true.  The problem I'm running into is that the
hook function seems to be getting called before the pgstat variables is
set, thus the hook complains even when pgstat_collect_tuplelevel is set
to true.  Is there someway to force the order in which variables are
read from GUC?

Thanks,

Matthew