Re: BUG #1172: JDBC driver fails to compile - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Werner Bohl
Subject Re: BUG #1172: JDBC driver fails to compile
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 14:09, Kris Jurka wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:
>

> > The following bug has been logged online:
> >
> > Bug reference:      1172
> > Operating system:   Fedora core release 2
> >
> > Postgresql version: 7.4.3
> > Java: j2sdk_1.4.2_04
> > ant: 1.5.2-26
> >
> > JDBC driver fails to compile with error:
> >
> > /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.3/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jd
> > `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource.getDataSource(java.lang.St
> >     [javac] bc3PoolingDataSource.java:29: error: Method ring)' was defined
> > with return type `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource' in class
> > `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource'.
> >     [javac]        static Jdbc3PoolingDataSource getDataSource(String name)
> >

> This error message is pretty mangled, but I suspect you might have another
> version of the driver somewhere on the classpath.  The driver will fail
> to compile in this situation as it gets confused with the
> different versions of the same class.

No, my classpath is empty! I managed to compile fixing the following:
on class Jdbc3PoolingDataSource lines 29 &  31 changed
Jdbc3PoolingDataSource for PoolingDataSource.

On class Jdbc3ObjectFactory line 46 added a cast to
Jdbc3PoolingDataSource.