Re: Multiple databases on seperate drives/file systems? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scot L. Harris
Subject Re: Multiple databases on seperate drives/file systems?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 14:34, Richard Huxton wrote:

> 1. Have you tried not quoting PGDATA2 (I seem to remember it being picky
> about such things).
>
> 2. Are you aware you can use a full path (/vhost/database/data) instead
> of PGDATA2? This requires setting a compile-time flag though.

Thanks for responding.

Yes I have tried it without quoting the PGDATA2.  Same result.

I have also tried the full path but the flag is apparently not set to
allow that.

Besides the error I am getting it appears to me that postmaster would
not be able to find this new location for the new database.  From
looking at the startup script in init.d it looks like it has PGDATA hard
coded and I did not see any place in the other config files to specify
additional database locations.

It seems like I am missing a piece of the puzzle.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com

If you keep anything long enough, you can throw it away.