Re: PostgreSQL certifications? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: PostgreSQL certifications?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Basically, we already have a whole bunch of databases.
> We already have staff trained and certified on Oracle.
> Our managmenent is already paying heavily for Oracle Licences.

I've been here before. Hire Bruce to go in and give his standard
training presentation and have a Dave Cramer or Josh Berkus onsite for
the following week for hands on assistance.

Nab a support contract from Command Prompt or PGsql Inc. to deal with
ongoing support issues.

There is a ton of commercial software that doesn't offer certs -- just
training so this is often good enough.