Re: convert result to uppercase - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Kelly
Subject Re: convert result to uppercase
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 23:39, Janning Vygen wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 13. April 2004 14:17 schrieb Victor Spång Arthursson:
> > Hi!
> >
> > How do i convert a result to upper/lowercase?
>
> This is a question
>
> > SELECT UPPER(lang) from languages;
>
> and this is the answer. It works exactly like this:
>
> SELECT UPPER('dk');
>
> results in 'DK'
>
> kind regards,
> Janning

Aren't we now back to the recent thread about UTF-8 and case conversion?
How do you make UPPER and LOWER work on a multi-byte encoded stuff?
How do you get a properly alphabetized return set that, for example,
contains English, German, French, Spanish, Russian and Turkish records?

Andy