Re: dbus and GNOME 2.8 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
Subject Re: dbus and GNOME 2.8
List pgsql-advocacy
Database files, once they corrupt, you lose ALL data.  Text files, once
they are corrupt, cause you to lose only those settings.

The FS is the IDEAL place to store preferences.  You obviously need to
choose the best FS.

Obviously it makes NO sense to roam your preferences around without your
homedir.  It's like roaming your house without the furniture and
appliances.