Warings in Log: could not resolve "localhost": host nor service provided, or not known - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Durai
Subject Warings in Log: could not resolve "localhost": host nor service provided, or not known
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello All,

                  I built PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on HPUX IPF platform. It works fine. But when I start the postmaster, I got
the following LOG message:

 LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": host nor service provided, or not known

$ postmaster -D /var/opt/iexpress/postgresql &
[1]     8995
$ LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": host nor service provided, or not known
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-03-30 16:07:50 IST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/2132D0
LOG:  redo record is at 0/2132D0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 120; next OID: 16778
LOG:  database system is ready

Is there any configuration to solve this problem?

Regs,
Durai.

Lycos Email has 10 MB of FREE storage space. http://mail.lycos.co.uk