How do I change column details - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Windsor
Subject How do I change column details
Date
Re: How do I change column details
List pgsql-general
Hi

I have a MySQL application which I am porting to Postgres. I have been
asked to increase the size of a varchar column from 200 chars to 2000.

Normally, in MySQL/Oracle this is done with the alter table modify
column command.

How do I do this in Postgres?

I have just renamed the column, created the new one, copied the data
into it and dropped the renamed column. Is the only way?

All the best

Simon

--
Simon Windsor