Re: PHP + Postgres: More than 1000 postmasters produce - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: PHP + Postgres: More than 1000 postmasters produce
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, it seems for your application is better to limit php's persistent
connection pool as a quick measure.
Try to set these values to something sensible for you:

; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
pgsql.max_persistent = 20
; Maximum number of links (persistent+non persistent).  -1 means no limit.
pgsql.max_links = 30

Or just disable persistent connections altogether, and see if that is
not resulting in better performance:

; Allow or prevent persistent links.
pgsql.allow_persistent = Off

In the long term look for some better connection pooling mechanism, I'm
sure you'll find something for PHP too (I'm not using php, maybe
somebody else on the list can help ?).

Cheers,
Csaba.