Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jenny Zhang
Subject Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 11:39, markw@osdl.org wrote:
> On  9 Feb, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Mark,
> >
> >> Ok, I've found that the kit does capture "explain" results and I've
> >> added a "Query Plans" links under the query time charts on each of the
> >> pages.  Um, but I did notice a couple of problems.  It looks liks one of
> >> the 22 queries is missing and they're not labeled.  I'll see about
> >> getting that fixed.
> >
> > If #19 is missing it's because Oleg & I could not get it to complete.  That
> > was also the query which we are most interested in testing.
>
> Oh, it's probably because we've altered Q19 and Q20.  I'm still not all
> that familiar with this kit, so I'm learning as we go.  So we need to
> change it back to make it worthwhile for you.

The missing one is query 15, since it has create view, and I can not get
execution plan for that query.

I started the kit on PG 7.3.  We can not finish query 19 and 20 at that
time.  So I rewrote 19 and 20:
For 19, we moved the common conditions out of the big ORs, for 20, we
added distinct.  We can change the query back if the optimizer can
handle it now.

Jenny