Re: pgsql: TAP tests: check for postmaster.pid anyway when "pg_ctl start" f - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: TAP tests: check for postmaster.pid anyway when "pg_ctl start" f
Date
List pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> What I'm thinking of doing is inventing a "soft_stop" variant of
> Cluster::stop that won't complain if pg_ctl stop fails, and then
> having 017_shm's poll_start() call that before retrying the start
> call.

I did that, modeling the details on Cluster::start's fail_ok option.

> It seems like it'd also be a good idea if the END block used
> soft_stop instead of regular stop.

I still like this idea, but I left it alone for the moment,
figuring I've used up my quota of buildfarm destabilization
for now.

            regards, tom lane