problem with ipc-daemon2 start as a service - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From jean-philippe jacoupy
Subject problem with ipc-daemon2 start as a service
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

I've build from sources postgresql 7.4.1 with the same ./configure command as described in this guide:

http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.4.1.README

This is what I get whenever I try to launch ipc-daemon2:

cray@lavieenrose ~
$ cygrunsrv -S ipc-daemon2
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:

I have already tryed to do the chmod thing, changed nothing.
Also I don't have any logs in /var/log/

But if I don't use ipc-daemon2 as a service then when I run step 8 I get this:
<log>

        postgres@lavieenrose /usr/share/postgresql
        $ initdb -D ./data/
        The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

        The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

        fixing permissions on existing directory ./data/... ok
        creating directory ./data//base... ok
        creating directory ./data//global... ok
        creating directory ./data//pg_xlog... ok
        creating directory ./data//pg_clog... ok
        selecting default max_connections... 10
        selecting default shared_buffers... 50
        creating configuration files... ok
        creating template1 database in ./data//base/1... FATAL:  could not create shared
         memory segment: Not enough core
        DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600).
        HINT:  This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared memory se
        gment exceeded available memory or swap space. To reduce the request size (curre
        ntly 1081344 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 50)
         and/or its max_connections parameter (currently 10).
        The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about shared memo
        ry configuration.

        initdb: failed
</log>

Running system:
Windows XP Pro SP 1

cygcheck:
cray@lavieenrose ~
$ cygcheck -c cygwin cygipc postgresql
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
cygipc               2.02-1         OK
cygwin               1.5.6-1        OK

E-mail, Dialogue en direct et SMS gratuits sur minitel : 3615 CARAMAIL