Re: Open 7.3 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Open 7.3 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> So it seems to me that you have achieved a small footprint within the
> code, but potentially at the cost of a larger impact on users.

I don't think anyone will deny that this is a kluge.  However, we are
not going to resurrect the separate-password-file thing (that was a
worse kluge, especially when used for this purpose), and we are not
going to postpone 7.3 while we think about a nicer solution.  So, simple
is beautiful for now.  If there are enough people actually *using* this
feature to make it worth improving, we can improve it ... later.