Re: Best practice? Web application: single PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Best practice? Web application: single PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Mensaje citado por "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>:

> > 1) have the web server connecting to the database using its own user
> > account (possibly through ident), and controlling access to different
> > database entities strictly through the application itself
[snip]

> I do 1.  different language (PHP) same basic thing though.  All security
> is handled by ACLS I build myself in Postgresql and interrogate via my own
> application.

In the case of PHP there are very nice ACL stuff in PEAR, like PEAR::Auth.

I personally do all the auth stuff by myself (table with users, table with
function, table with permissions, etc.), just like Scott. :-)

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA