Re: Fix overflow of bgwriter's request queue - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix overflow of bgwriter's request queue
Date
List pgsql-patches
ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> Attached is a revised patch. It became very simple, but I worry that
> one magic number (BUFFERS_PER_ABSORB) is still left.

Have you checked that this version of the patch fixes the problem you
saw originally?  Does the problem come back if you change
BUFFERS_PER_ABSORB to too large a value?  If you can identify a
threshold where the problem reappears in your test case, that would help
us choose the right value to use.

I suspect it'd probably be sufficient to absorb requests every few times
through the fsync loop, too, if you want to experiment with that.

            regards, tom lane