Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Keith C. Perry
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?  ("B. van Ouwerkerk" <bvo@atz.nl>)
List pgsql-general
Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> Tony <tony@unihost.net> writes:
> > ... I DO believe however that a decent introduction to
> > the more important concepts (Triggers, Fkeys, Stored Proc, Views) that
> > people from lesser systems (MySQL, Access) may not be familiar with.
> > What they do, how they help, and why they are generally a good thing.
> > This intro would probably fit either in the tutorial or in the User Guide.
>
> Many of these subjects already *are* covered in the Tutorial.  Just
> looking in the 7.4 table of contents, I see
>
> 3. Advanced Features
>      3.1. Introduction
>      3.3. Foreign Keys
>      3.4. Transactions
>      3.5. Inheritance
>      3.6. Conclusion
>
> The discussions are skimpy and could use fleshed out a little, no doubt.
> (Anyone who wants to contribute material is surely welcome to.)
>
> BTW, there is a separate mailing list pgsql-docs for those who want to
> work on documentation.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

This concerns me.  This is the second time recently someone has said something
is NOT documented and it it turn out it is.

So my question is (no offense to anyone) are the web sites not "clear" enough to
find information quickly or are people just being lax/lazy when they are searching.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: