Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
List pgsql-general
Keith,

In principal it can, however lets say that I am a complete newbie to
postgres and I want to use my favourite interface odbc, jdbc, .... etc.

So I download the source tarball and build it, then I goto find my
interface ... and it isn't there ( in all fairness jdbc is still there
but that won't be true shortly )

The same is true for most tools; psql being the exception

Now what do I do, I have to hunt around for the tools looking through a
myriad of projects on gborg, go to the lists etc.

Admittedly this deterrent won't stop a determined newbie from finding
what they are after, but I'm sure there are some folk who would just
assume that postgres is deficient in this area. Note some previous posts
from others which demonstrates my point.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-12/msg01358.php

This gentleman finally found pgadmin III which solved his problem. But
I'm sure he had to look for it.

Dave