Re: Batch Definitions - Need Help - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Batch Definitions - Need Help
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Michael Avila" <mavila@mich.com> writes:
> Oppps! I forgot only one word in my description - BATCH. Apologies. Makes a
> BIG difference.

> I want to load table definitions and insert data from a batch file. The
> batch file was created from a MySQL database so I know I will have to make
> some changes.

Either
psql mydb <batchfile
or
psql -f batchfile mydb

... edit out MySQL-isms, lather rinse repeat ...

I don't know exactly what a MySQL batch file looks like, in particular
whether they do anything nonstandard for bulk data load.  To the extent
that the file contains reasonably-standard SQL commands, though, it
should work.

            regards, tom lane