Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 14:32, elein wrote:
> I like Joe's ideas about presentations on the
> specific PLs.  This crosses over with Robert's
> idea about advanced Tools and Tricks.
>
> * Advanced plpgsql (talk or tutorial)
> * Basic plpython (talk or tutorial)

One talk that I think would be sure to be accepted would be something on
plphp, but I haven't personally found any great uses for it. Joe's talk
last year on plR made a lot of sense, since it covered a lot of items
that you really couldn't do in the other pl's.  However, with
plphp/pltcl/plpython/plperl I don't see anything that stands out.
Perhaps I should take a swing through your talk from last year on
plpython...is it on the web anywhere?

Robert Treat