Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve Howe
Subject Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Jan,

Monday, September 9, 2002, 11:26:20 AM, you wrote:

JW> Seems you at least realized how serious it is. Even if you cannot code
JW> the "proper" solution, could you please make a complete table of all
JW> possible situations and the expected returns? With complete I mean
JW> including all combinations of rules, triggers, deferred constraints and
JW> the like. Or do you at least see now where in the discussion we got
JW> stuck?
By the way, I don't think triggers and constraints are in focus here,
just as rules other then "DO INSTEAD".
These should be transparent to the user.
I suggest you to read the proposal posted to get aware of the
discussion.

Thanks.

Best regards,Steve Howe                           mailto:howe@carcass.dhs.org