Re: Something like 'to_days' in postgresql? Help with a - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Something like 'to_days' in postgresql? Help with a
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 10:01, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 08:44, Alan T. Miller wrote:
> > I am migrating an application over from mysql to postgresql and am a little
> > confused on how to write the following query in PostgreSQL. The date
> > functions and syntax is a world apart from MySQL and what I am used to. To
> > sum it up, I want to select a count of all records in a table that have been
> > added in the last 90 days. My current table has a field called 'created'
> > which is a timestamp. In MySQL the query goes as follows...
> >
> > SELECT COUNT(*) AS total
> > FROM orders
> > WHERE id = 'id'
> > AND TO_DAYS(NOW()) - TO_DAYS(created) <= 90
>
> CURRENT_DATE - created <= 90

Sorry, I forgot it was a timestamp column, not a date:

   CURRENT_DATE - CAST(created AS date)

     "The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the
      LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the
      meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to
      proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of
      the prison to them that are bound."
                                        Isaiah 61:1