Re: GRANT ON C - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: GRANT ON C
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 20:00, Martin Marques wrote:
> I'm trying to load the pgcypto.sql file from the contrib in a database and
> I've hit a problem which I never had in the past (maybe never did it this
> way): when I try to load this file (psql -f) with a specific user, which is
> not the postgres super-user I get a permission denied, and couldn't find how
> to change that permission problem.
> I the postgres super-user the only one that can create functions with LANGUAGE
> C?

Yes.  Just think of all the things you can do in C with the backend's
permissions.

     "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off; it is better
      for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two
      hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall
      be quenched."                Mark 9:43