Re: tuning questions - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jord Tanner
Subject Re: tuning questions
Date
List pgsql-performance
If I understand the problem correctly, the issue is that IDE drives
signal that data has been written to disk when they actually are holding
the data in the write cache. In the case of a power down (and I remember
someone showing some test results confirming this, check the list
archive) the data in the drive write cache is lost, resulting in
corrupted logs.

Anyone else have more details?

Jord Tanner

--