Re: Setting time zone commands - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From cnliou
Subject Re: Setting time zone commands
Date
List pgsql-bugs
¡° Include¡m"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>¡nwrote:
>> So, what is the official syntax?
>
>See the SET command's reference page.  I believe you need
to quote
>anything that doesn't look like an identifier or number.

Thank you very much! You have clarified all my timestamp and
time zone questions except the last minor two as follows:

(1) The query using UTC offset hours (SET TIME ZONE '<0 - 23
integers>') to set time zone will be the legal SQL command
for quite a while, won't it?

(2) What is the correct syntax to set time zones having 30
minutes offset UTC?

db1=# set time zone '08:30';
ERROR:  unrecognized time zone name: "08:30"
db1=# set time zone 08:30;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near ":" at character 17
db1=# set time zone '-03:30';
ERROR:  unrecognized time zone name: "-03:30"
db1=# set time zone 'NST';
ERROR:  unrecognized time zone name: "NST"

Regards,
CN