Re: Hello - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Hello
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 15:08, john tankersley wrote:
>  I don't understand why sometimes I
> get an error parser error message and what it means.

You can ask here about a specific message.

>  I have been trying
> to find more books on how to code in postgresql but can't seem to find
> any. I would like to link two pc's together through a netgear switch and
> access the database on my main machine through the client machine.

The server machine's postmaster must be listening on a TCP/IP port; turn
on TCP/IP listening in $PGDATA/postgresql.conf.

$PGDATA/pg_hba.conf should allow access to connections from the client
machine.  Remember to make the postmaster reload its configuration after
you change either of those two files.  ("pg_ctl reload" will do that.)

Then you should be able to connect with "psql -h myserver -d mydatabase"

     "Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is
      like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises,
      doing wonders?"             Exodus 15:11