duplicate primary key entries? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Baldur Norddahl
Subject duplicate primary key entries?
Date
Re: duplicate primary key entries?  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Re: duplicate primary key entries?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I just noticed something bad in our database:

webshop=# select oid,* from content_loc where id=20488;
   oid   |  id   | locale |     name
---------+-------+--------+--------------
 9781056 | 20488 | any    | Rise Part II
 9781058 | 20488 | any    | Rise Part II
(2 rows)

webshop=# \d content_loc
  Table "public.content_loc"
 Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------
 id     | integer | not null
 locale | text    | not null
 name   | text    |
Indexes: content_loc_pkey primary key btree (id, locale)
Foreign Key constraints: $1 FOREIGN KEY (id) REFERENCES content(id) ON UPDATE
CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,
                         $2 FOREIGN KEY (locale) REFERENCES languages(locale) ON
UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE

Apparently there are two rows with identical primary keys which should not be
possible. Is this a know problem? Can I expect everything to be ok if I just
delete the extra entry?

I am using the debian packages of postgresql 7.3.4-9.

Thanks,

Baldur