Re: Server-side base backup: why superuser, not pg_write_server_files? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Server-side base backup: why superuser, not pg_write_server_files?
Date
Re: Server-side base backup: why superuser, not pg_write_server_files?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> The Windows animals don't like this:
> pg_basebackup: error: connection to server at "127.0.0.1", port 59539 failed: FATAL:  SSPI authentication failed for
user"backupuser"

> Not sure whether we have a standard method to get around that.

Ah, right, we do.  Looks like adding something like

auth_extra => [ '--create-role', 'backupuser' ]

to the $node->init call would do it, or you could mess with
invoking pg_regress --config-auth directly.