Re: pgsql: Clarify that a non-specified precision NUMERIC has a very high r - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Clarify that a non-specified precision NUMERIC has a very high r
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> I removed the extra "the", and I didn't think people were clear you
>> could just specify NUMERIC alone. �We know you can you can do things
>> like VARCHAR, but others will probably not realize it so I wanted to
>> explicity mention it. �Other wording?

> Oh, good catch.  I agree that removing the extra "the" is a good
> change, but I think you should remove the parenthetical phrase you
> added.

I agree, the parenthetical phrase is entirely redundant with the earlier
part of the sentence; or if you must have it, it belongs after
"otherwise", not where it is.

Also, could we spell "explicitly" correctly?

            regards, tom lane