Re: Inaccurate row count estimation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Inaccurate row count estimation
Date
List pgsql-general
"Vyacheslav Kalinin" <vka@mgcp.com> writes:
> Here is the reproduce code:

After tracing through this I see that the problem is that we don't have
statistics for inheritance trees, and so you're getting a default
estimate for the selectivity of the join condition.  I'm not sure why
the similar example I tried last night didn't show a bogus-looking
rowcount estimate, but in any case the lack of stats is the real issue.

This should get fixed sometime, but don't hold your breath ...

            regards, tom lane