PG 7.3, JDK1.4.2, and pg73jdbc3.jar - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Steve Wampler
Subject PG 7.3, JDK1.4.2, and pg73jdbc3.jar
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I just upgraded a system from RedHat 8 to RedHat 9 (which
resulted in upgrade postgresql to 7.3.2.

Postgresql seems to be just fine, but attempts to access
through jdbc are dying immediately with the error:
LOG:  parse_hba: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file at line 54, token
"127.0.0.1"

The offending line is:
local  all      all     127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255 trust

Which looks just fine to me.

Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong?

Thanks!
Steve

--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@noao.edu
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota