Re: Possible bug in conversion_create.sql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From
Subject Re: Possible bug in conversion_create.sql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
>>  With the help of two people from #postgresql at irc.freenode.org, I did a
>> initdb -d --pgdata data 2>debug.log and founded out that the problem was
>> that conversion_create.sql wasn't changing $libdir to the actual name

> It's not supposed to.  I don't know what problem you had, but this is
> the wrong fix.

 I'm sure that sed isn't the correct procedure :-) Somewhere in the way (in the
instalation or in runtime), postgres should change libdir to the actual dir
name, since the error was "no such file or directory"...

 But the problem was solved with the change. I'm not a postgres master at all,
so, how postgres knows what to use on the libdir variable? Where the variable
is defined? How I know if this is set?

 Thanks for any anwer :-)

 Silvio Fonseca
 Linux Consultant