Re[2]: [SQL] How to Make Case InSensitive??? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sferacarta Software
Subject Re[2]: [SQL] How to Make Case InSensitive???
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello Barracuda,

mercoledì, 16 settembre 98, you wrote:

B> thank you for this tip!  don't know what the ^ or the $ is used for

regular expression operators ^ stand for first character and $ stand
for last character:

    ~* '^india$'

matches  India
         india
         INDIA

but not  Indiana
         New India

B> but the ~* and the \do helped me out a great deal.  No info on this in
B> any documentation.

Take a look at PostgreSQL User's Guide, Chapter 5, there's some
information about PostgreSQL operators.