pl/pgsql and national characters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yury Don
Subject pl/pgsql and national characters
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello All,

I have a following problem. I have a tables and fields whith names,
consisting of cyrillic characters and getting an error. When I am
doing the same things but with only english characters, everything ok.
All other things works properly, only pl/pgsql functions. Does anybody
knows how to treat this?
Here is an example:

create function round_mark() returns opaque as '
begin
  NEW."<cyrillic characters>" := 1;
  return NEW;
end;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
CREATE

CREATE TRIGGER marks_round_marks BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON "rr"
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE round_mark();
CREATE

UPDATE "rr" SET "<cyrillic characters>"=1  WHERE "<cyrillic characters>" = 1;
NOTICE:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of round_mark near line 1
ERROR:  unterminated "

Best regards,
 Yury  ICQ 11831432
 mailto:yura@vpcit.ru