Re: time sensitve: comparing performance to MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: time sensitve: comparing performance to MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I think your best bet is to list the features your using from oracle and
then mark whether mysql / postgresql support those features, and how
much work might be involved in working around missing features.

heres some links in case you missed them:

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/10824_1126981_Ext_2

http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/PostgreSQLvsMySQL

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/529/1

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20001112.php3?page=1

/
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/speed.html
http://www.sergeant.org/sqlite_vs_pgsync.html
the above two go together, the first is sqlite/mysql/postgresql, the
second a tuned version of postgresql. note it's an older version of
pgsql
/

Robert Treat