Re: Fix for OWNER TO breaking ACLs - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix for OWNER TO breaking ACLs
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> The way you had it coded, it was generating
>> new index entries pointing at the old version of the tuple ...

> Strange.  I guess I must have been testing with a database that had
> short enough system catalogs that the indexes were never used?

Could be, especially if you were using client-side queries to check the
result.  I think most of the system's internal catalog fetches are
hard-wired to use indexes except under the most dire circumstances
(mainly, a standalone backend with -P).  But a client-issued query
would do whatever the planner thought best.

            regards, tom lane