Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> Network Administrator <netadmin@vcsn.com> writes:
> > Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> >> Commonly this means that you open a "handle" or "cursor" referring to
> >> one particular blob and then read or write it through that handle.
>
> > I understand the value of handles but aren't cursors used to break up
> > the large result sets from queries?
>
> I was using them to mean the same thing, ie, an I/O handle (or open blob
> descriptor if you like).  You could consider this to be analogous to an
> SQL cursor --- a cursor is like a handle for a query result.

Ok, now its crystal

>  Sorry if
> I confused you rather than enlightened you.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Nothing to be sorry about, I appreciate everyones help, input, suggestions, etc
(especially since, I wasn't even the one who started this thread).  Pg is a
great product and I've become more active in promoting & recomending it so I
just want to make sure I know what the heck I'm talking about.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: