Re: Oracle decode Function in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Oracle decode Function in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Of course there is an equivalent: the case construct.
There is some nice documentation about the available functions and
operators at:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=functions.html
and specifically for CASE:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=functions-conditional.html#AEN9698
You might also find useful to know that the NVL oracle function's
parallel in postgres is COALESCE.

HTH,
Csaba.