Re: [PERFORM] Best tweak for fast results.. ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Best tweak for fast results.. ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 08:42, JM wrote:
> need input on parameter values on confs...
>
> our database is getting 1000 transactions/sec on peak periods..
>
> sitting on RH 7.3
> 2.4.7-10smp
> RAM: 1028400
> SWAP: 2040244
>
> queries are just simple select statements based on timestamps, varchars...
> less on joins... on a 300K rows..

Could it be that 1000tps is as good as your h/w can do?  You didn't
mention what kind and speed of CPU(s), SCSI-or-IDE controller(s) and
type/speed of disk(s) you have.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy
discordant images at such speed as to render linear thought impossible"
Calvin, regarding TV