Re: Hour difference? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bjørn T Johansen
Subject Re: Hour difference?
Date
List pgsql-general
I am already using Time for time fields (i.e. timestamp fields without
the date part) in my database, are you saying this doesn't work???

BTJ

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 17:55, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 16:09:43 +0200,
>   Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> wrote:
> > I need to compute the difference of Time fields, in the format HHMM. Is
> > it possible to do the math in the Select?
>
> Despite what it says in the documentation, you can't use that format
> for the type time.
> If timestamps will work for you, you can use to_timestamp to convert
> to a timestamps and then subtract them to get an interval.
> Another option would be to massage the strings to use a : separator
> between the hours and minutes fields and then cast the strings to times.
Bjørn T Johansen (BSc,MNIF)
Executive Manager
btj@havleik.no                  Havleik Consulting
Phone : +47 67 54 15 17         Conradisvei 4
Fax : +47 67 54 13 91           N-1338 Sandvika
Cellular : +47 926 93 298       http://www.havleik.no
"The stickers on the side of the box said "Supported Platforms: Windows
98, Windows NT 4.0,
Windows 2000 or better", so clearly Linux was a supported platform."