Re: Cache lookup failed? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Boes
Subject Re: Cache lookup failed?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 09:53, Tom Lane wrote:

> Always the same OID, or different ones?  Does that OID actually exist in
> pg_class?  Can you tell us exactly what SQL command(s) are producing the
> error?  (If not, better turn on query logging so you can find out.)

Different OIDs, and they do not exist in pg_class (it's the OID of that
table's row, right? So for

Cache lookup failed for relation 172465102

I would do

 select * from pg_class where oid = 172465102

right? I'm not 100% familiar yet with the ins and outs of pg_class. Too
many OID-type fields in there, I can't keep them straight ... 8-}

I'd turn on query logging, but since we're getting these about every 3-7
days, I'm not sure that would be the most effective use of all that disk
... maybe I can find a way to localize it to the point where the
pg_class query is happening.

--
Jeff Boes                                      vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer                                     fax 269.349.9076