Re: Index Administration: pg_index vs. pg_get_indexdef() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Index Administration: pg_index vs. pg_get_indexdef()
Date
List pgsql-general
"Thomas F. O'Connell" <tfo@sitening.com> writes:
> In an old thread <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2004-01/
> msg00271.php>, Tom Lane suggested that it would be "unreasonable" to
> use pg_index to reconstruct (expressional) indexes (in 7.4). The
> suggested alternative was to use pg_get_indexdef().

IIRC, the point I was trying to make was that making client code try to
interpret the contents of pg_index.indexprs or pg_index.indpred is a
losing proposition.  If you feel that you'd rather read the other fields
of pg_index for yourself, I won't argue with you.

            regards, tom lane